Job Available! Bike Mechanic in Houghton
We're looking for someone to join the Down Wind team in Houghton as bike mechanic.
Here at Down Wind Sports we are outdoor enthusiasts providing the community with quiet sports goods and local knowledge. We have a wide variety of product lines including biking, climbing, skiing, kayaking, camping, and more. The more you know, the better!
If you like working with customers, talking outdoor gear, and bicycle maintenance, then this might be the job for you!
- Competitive wage
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedule
- Use of rental equipment
- Assemble, repair, and service bicycles
- Assist on the sales floor with all outdoor equipment
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers about products and services
- Evaluate equipment service issues by interacting with customers and assessing equipment
- Previous experience with bike maintenance (components, tools, and service equipment)
- Ability to professionally build safe and functional bikes
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot bicycle and equipment problems
- Comfortable working alone and in a group
- High level of customer service and attention to detail
- Computer experience with POS system
- Ability to work a flexible schedlie, including weekends
What you need to win:
- 1+ years bike mechanic experience in a retail setting
- Customer service and sales
- Passion for quiet sports in the outdoors
- Point of Sale (POS) experience
- Rides bikes!!!
Either full time or part time. Starting immediately.
Pay: dependent on experience and availability
The more you know, the better we'll pay.
How to Apply
Fill out the simple application below, or stop by the shop at 308 Shelden Ave in Houghton